Free School Meals
Who Qualifies for Free School Meals?
Free School Meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either;
- Universal Credit provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax
What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is extra money paid direct to schools for each child who is eligible for free school meals. It is used to support your child's education. Please apply for free schools meals if you are eligible, so your school gets this money.
Who Qualifies for Universal Infant Free School Meals?
From September 2014 the government are introducing universal infant free school meals for all pupils in Reception, Years 1 and 2. In order for your child's school to recognise who is eligible for universal meals and who qualifies for free school meals for funding purposes we would encourage all parents to register with their school by completing an application form even if the child does not wish to receive a meal.
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
Contact Tracey or Karen in the Free School Meals Team on Tel 01905 845280 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.