Bursaries & FSM
16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
The 16-19 tuition fund has been allocated to us for students who did not have a GCSE grade 4 or above in English and/or maths at age 16 or have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support. These are defined as students from the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country based on the index of multiple deprivation.
At South Bromsgrove, we will use the tuition fund to:
- Pay for a qualified, specialist teacher to deliver English and Maths GCSE lessons weekly for students who did not achieve a grade 4 at GCSE.
- Enable qualifying students to request small group tuition
Sixth Form Bursary
Forms and guidance relating to the Sixth Form bursary can be found below. Applications can be made for discretionary and vulnerable bursaries.
If you have any queries relating to the bursary please contact Mrs Meekins, Sixth Form Administrator (email@example.com).
- Bursary Additional Claim Form 2023 24
- Bursary Continuation Form 2023 24
- Post 16 Bursary Application Form 2023 24
Free School Meals
Free School Meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either;
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance — Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance — Income Related
- Support under part V1 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
Contact Tracey or Karen in the Free School Meals Team on Tel 01905 766182 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.