The main written exam sessions are:
- November – includes 6th Form GCSE English Language and Maths retakes, BMAT/TSA
- Nov/Dec – Y11 PPE’s (Practice exams)
- January - Y13 PPE’s, some Y11 GCSE and BTEC module exams
- March - Some Y11 PPE’s
- May – Y10 Practice exams
- May and June – Y10-Y13 exams
- June (end) – Y12 PPE’s
Some exams, such as online BTEC and Finance exams will also be taken outside these dates.
In addition, it is important to remember many subjects have other assessments that may take place during the year, especially in March/April, such as art, graphics, 3D Design, drama, music, GCSE and GCE language orals, catering, food and nutrition. Other subjects require controlled assessments to be undertaken during lesson time and these are throughout the year.
Exam overviews will be published on this site for the main written sessions nearer the time showing dates of the individual exams.
Useful Information & Revision Tips
Forms for Summer 2018 resits will be available in November 2017.
These can be found with the other School Policies.
Exam Do’s and Don’ts
- DO arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your exam
- DO put your mobile phone/ bag/ coat in your locker before your exam
- DO bring a black pen to write with
- DO make sure you bring your calculator/pencils/candidate card
- DO make sure you know your room and seat number
- DO bring water in a clear plastic bottle with the label removed
- DON’T bring in a mobile phone – if you’re caught with it, the exam board have to be informed and you’ll lose marks for that paper
- DON’T have any writing your hands or any other part of your body
- DON’T bring revision notes into the exam